Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Mini-Holiday


So last Sunday I decided to skip UT, Church, and Yoga, and give myself a little mini-holiday anywhere but in the city.  I promised myself that if I got the apartment cleaned, I could treat myself.  Well, I got it mostly clean.  :-P



My Woodpecker Friend
Beautiful Flowers All Over Gyeong-Ju
Korea Has It's Moments 

The place I chose to visit on my mini-holiday was the old Shilla Dynasty Capital called Gyeong-Ju.  It was quite pleasant.  It is only a $4 bus ride away and takes only an hour and ten minutes to get there.


As you can see from the photos, it is quite out of the city.  There was much more nature than I expected to find.




I spent the morning wandering around and sketching a bit.  I am learning to not be afraid of my color pastels, but I think I need far more instruction from my art teacher friend Carolyn before I can be truly comfortable.

Hopefully the two of us will get some sketching in when she comes hiking this weekend.  (Hint Hint, Cough Cough :-)




So, after a delicious toast dinner (where the sweet old lady cut my crusts off), I called my friend Sarah, who lives in the area.

Together we visited the Anapji pond, which is an absolutely splendid view at night.  The pagodas reflect the lights off of the water.  After that, she deposited me back off at the bus station and I slept all the way home.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you had a lovely trip. It sounds like it was very peaceful and relaxing for you! :) I am grateful for the friends you have made there and that you can all support each other. I hope your pastel endevours continue. I want to see what you do with them! You are so creative I can only imagine how wonderful they are!!!!

    ReplyDelete