Sunday, March 18, 2012

The B-day Post

So...I have finished with classes today and thought I should catch you up on the birthday weekend.  I am sitting at my desk dipping Hershey's chocolate in my PeterPan peanut butter and enjoying the day...  Happy! (Thanks mommy for the chocolate and peanut butter)...so B-day Weekend:

Friday:

I finished classes and headed home.  I worked out a bit at the gym and then went to Yeongdo Island to spend the evening with my really awesome fellow "Firefly" lover, Elaine.  I brought with me the cake that I found on my desk that morning with a note from my co-worker that said "Happy Birthday to You".  The cake got kinda squished on the trip.  I mean...a 30 min subway and a 20 min bus ride don't do wonders for a cake..especially if you don't get a seat on the bus.  So anyway...we went out to dinner at my favorite place on Yeongdo (ok..it's the only place I have eaten on Yeongdo...BUT IT'S DARN GOOD!!!!!)  Then we ate cake and enjoyed a few episodes of "Firefly" (with popcorn as all things in life should be done).  Elaine walked me sleepily back to the bus stop, umbrella in hand...and I went home.

Saturday:

I spent the morning running errands instead of going to the Gym as I should have.  Anyway.  During those errand running I found myself in possession of the much coveted "Philadelphia Cream Cheese"...THAT STUFF IS AMAZING!  And it's rare here too.  Oh boy!!!!!  And I also bought some supplies for my window garden.  I got back to my apartment and made my no-bake cheesecake.  OH MAN!  I loved it sooo much.  I might just have to do that again.  SO...it's my birthday so I met with my friend Abi for a late lunch.  We ate at the Charlie Brown Cafe and had an amazing Panini and a Blueberry shake.  SO good!  Then we went to the bookstore for a while followed by a relaxing cup of tea on this rainy day.  That evening we met up with 3 other friends and the five of us ate Indian food.  I love this place.  They even just opened up an Indian food market above the restaurant and I ended up leaving with a can of Saag.  I mean...that stuff goes with anything!  Next on our birthday agenda was NoreBang.  Literally you rent out a room in this building of rooms.  And in this room is a couch, a TV, a book of karaoke songs, two mics, and tambourines.  You click in the song you want and a disco light turns on and you sing and dance like fools with no-one to judge you.  It was quite fun!  Next we went to Baskin Robbins.  We got an ice cream cake...lit the candles...and sang "Happy Birthday to You!".  After the song, all the people in the shop clapped (they recognized the tune).  It was so funny!  I was turning red because I am shy.  Next the five of us DEVOURED the cake...YUMMO!  And headed to one of those goofy photo-booth places.  We dressed up in wigs and hats and made a goofy time of it.  It was a lot of fun.

And that was my birthday weekend.
:-)  PHOTOS TO COME!

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you had an amazing birthday weekend!!! I am so happy! :) ....old woman :P hehe (jk!!).
    Anyway, I love you tons and can't wait to see those pics!!!!

    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete