Thursday, February 2, 2012

Another Airport

I am in Bangkok once again.

I woke up this morning with the intention of being thoroughly detached and subsequently un-hurt by all the goodbyes to take place.  I walk down the stairs and find that my baby comes running to me, smiling and giggling, arms spread wide open.  After my good morning hug from my two yr old, I get my good mornings from the rest of the lot.  PLAN FAILED! 

The newest boy to the home (yes there is a boys home as well as a girls home...separate buildings...no worries) has been super shy until yesterday when we got into a tickle war.  He decided to continue the tickle war this morning.  And even when  I am busy eating or packing, my little monkey boy will climb himself up my back and just sit there until I tickle him off.  So...as you can see..goodbyes were hard.

Two of the house moms gave me goodbye gifts...and brought tears to my eyes.  I assured them both that if I was still in Korea next winter, I would come back and I would be embarrassed to find their English to be better than my own.  :-)

Anyway...it really does suck to be leaving...but I know there is a chance I will be back.  And that chance makes the leaving a little less difficult.  Call me crazy...but I feel that everywhere I serve, I leave a little of myself.  But I know that I learn and grow inn the process.

Well...I have 2 more airports to go and I should be inn Busan in 18 hours.  So, until then...wish me safe travels.

No comments:

Post a Comment