Monday, February 6, 2012

In time

This post has been a little delayed.  I figured I would get to it in time.

I am back in Korea...And I am experiencing the most un-expected thing.  Culture shock!  It snuck up on me and smacked me in the face.  For the past four nights I have had anxiety attacks...(luckily I have refrained from calling my mother each night...though the first one I woke her up at 6:00am her time).

I am learning from this though.  I was over-confident and borderline cocky before.  I thought...oh I travelled to Thailand to teach and backpacked Laos all by myself.  I am strong! ...wow.  Pride comes before the fall...and I have majorly fallen...and getting back up is a slow process.

I find myself relying on the comfort of others.  On their words of encouragement and direction.  They lead me back to His word.  I need to realize that all things come from God...big and small.  And that I have no control over anything.  I simply can do the best with what He choses to give me.  When I start to find myself anxious I need to just count my blessings out loud.  And that should do the trick.

But yeah.  Just keep me in your prayers.  And if you have any of your own...let me know.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you're feeling better! When I get my anxiety attacks (because I tend to be a ball of nerves most of the time) I try to just focus on my breathing, to block out all that negative nonsense in my mind.

    ReplyDelete