Saturday, December 17, 2011

CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 Wow!!!!!

Christmas is only a WEEK AWAY!!!!!!!
I can't believe it!  I am just so darn excited!  I know that it is not going to be the same without being with family and all...  But if I Skype home on Christmas morning it will be Christmas Eve for all my family.  And God has provided me some friends to spend the holidays with.

The Photo to the left is my first Christmas party.  I hosted it in my Apt on Friday.  It was so much fun.  I made food and drinks (including homemade eggnog which was the first thing to go!) and we all exchange gifts from our secret Santa. Do you see the wonderful wrapping job that the boys did?...haha...Newspaper and all.




I got a mug from my secret Santa.  It was awesome because it has this built in strainer for tea and the girl who got me knows that I like tea.  It also is very earthy in color...which gives it even more bonus points.  :-)

As for what's under my tree now.  All for the orphans.  The photo to the right is me holding my newly wrapped gifts.  I swear that I have "adopted" my last child.  It's just that Christmas is in a week and there were still 6 kids without gifts.  So I grabbed a name of a six year old boy, skipped bible study, and headed three metro transfers over to Toys 'R Us.  I picked up a set of battery powered emergency vehicles that make sirens and flashy lights.  They even come with two emergency personnel....haha.

As for the Christmas play at the orphanage...they made me Mary.  Typical!  Ha ha.  And for all who know my stuffed monkey Floppy, he will be playing baby Jesus.  He is to be wrapped beyond definition in swaddling cloth.  Haha....my little monkey is a star!  The last responsibly I have for that is to finish getting candy and supplies for my booth and possibly help the balloon animal both with my limited balloon shaping skills.  :-)

This week at school I need to plan my winter camp for my students, budget for winter camp supplies, and get winter break plans finalized.  No problem....ba ha ha!

One last thing.  God surely is a provider.  I was scratching the bottom of the barrel so to speak when it came to finances.  I spent a lot on the Christmas party (the chocolate alone had cost me 12 bucks and lets not even talk about the vanilla extract.), the After-school pizza party for my students (in which 8 pizzas were ordered instead of 6 because of language barrier), and the gifts for the orphans, friends, and family.  BUT!  Today I checked my bank account and there was surprise funds...Where did they come from?  A friend said that it was probably my After-school overtime kicking in.  What a relief and what wonderful timing from God!....just when I picked up the orphan's name wondering how I was going to afford a gift...and God provided.

No comments:

Post a Comment