Thursday, December 15, 2011

Happy

I am very happy right now.  I just had the most amazing class ever.  Half the class was gone so it was more manageable.  And, the students were attentive and loved the game we played to practice English.  The more advanced students help the challenged ones and everything went well.  When the bell rang for the end of class...there was a vocalized "AWWWW!!!!"

WHAT?!?!?!?  My students wanted more and were sad that I was leaving.  THIS MADE MY KOREA!  I really feel like this was a gift from God because he knows that I have been having  hard time connecting with my students lately.

Actually I had to have quite a prayer with him last night....it went a little something like this:
         "Daddy, I miss spending time with you.  And it's my fault when I don't spend time with you.  I go around with the pretense of being very busy...but we both know I have the time...I just use it poorly.  I don't like the me that I am when I am far from you.  I am a selfish, judgemental, controlling, know-it-all, who goes around with this self righteous attitude but wearing a mask of humility.  The me without you is UGLY!  I don't want to look like her...I want to look like you.  And I can only do that by spending time with you.  Please help me to remember that."

So...I spent a little time with God last night...and I plan to do it again tonight.  This is going to be a daily struggle to commit time to Him...but like any friendship, how can we be close if we don't hang out?

Anyway...winter break plans may finally be coming together.  I am filling out an application to a home for girls at risk of being sold into sex slavery.  I have signed a release so I can't say the country name or the organization on the Blog...but I really hope all things go through for that.  They are a reliable Christan organization in need of an English teacher...but I am willing to do so much more.  I told them that I would be willing to do anything from teaching and playing to cooking and cleaning.  I just really want to do the work.  :-)

Tonight is my big Christmas party with my orientation friends.  I hope they like it.  I have been making deserts and cleaning the apartment all week.  Ha ha ha.  We will be having Secret Santa...I wonder who has my name.... :-)

2 comments:

  1. Gahh...typed up my comments then forgot I was signed into my school account so they didn't go through. haha

    Anyways...Congrats on having a good class! Woohoo!
    And, I hope your application goes through because I know you'll do an awesomely fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh No Kim! Ha ha....well, I am glad that you got to post a comment!

    And thanks...I have definitely been dreading certain classes so it was very uplifting to have a good one.

    Also...I hope that my application goes in well too. I have it filled out but I am waiting to learn where to send it. I HATE waiting...but I have to learn to be patient. :-P

    ReplyDelete