Sunday, October 30, 2011

Fireworks


We sat in the rain for 2 hrs wating for the fireworks to start.  Then they lasted for 45mins.  WE WERE SOAKED!!!  But I have to say that it was the best fireworks display that I have ever seen.  They had rocket kites, spelled things with fireworks, had smiley face fireworks...and a waterfall of sparks off of the bridge.  The above is in the middle of the performance...it wan't even the finale.

 The subways were packed because this only happens once a year.  I was sorry to lose my patience but there is a fine line between cultural difference and rude.  And elbowing the American in the back 9 times is not a cultural thing.  :-/  Lets just say that things got a little pushy in the turnstyles.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!!! That is so cool! I can't even imagine what that looked like in person! I have never seen fireworks that intense before! AND it was not even the finale! WOW!! I am super excited that you got to see them. I hope it was worth putting up with the rude people on the subway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey those boats in the water, were those people watching?!?! Cause that would be AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. no..the boats were setting off the fireworks too. :-)

    ReplyDelete