Wednesday, November 2, 2011

First Day of School

OH MY GOSH!!!  SOOOO HARD!!!
To be a good teacher, you need time management, you need to be an entertainer, you need to have 3 back-up plans, and (according to my co-teachers) you need to be older.

So...first day of school...very hard.  I taught 5 classes today and only 2 I would call a success!


For the most part, the girls are very sweet.  I am blessed but I am tired.  I need better working conditions in regard to lesson planning.  The tech guys returned my computer to me saying that I would not be able to connect to the internet at school.  So....I am working at the PC Bang, saving the stuff on the zip disk, putting it on my comp, and presenting to the class.  I am looking forward to getting a school computer lent to me...but as usual this is be taking some time...everything takes more time in Korea.

3 comments:

  1. Well the classroom looks very pretty and a fun place to teach in!! I don't think it is ever easy for anyone to just jump on board the teaching wagon. It is something that will come to you with time as you learn about your students' needs. You can do it! I know you can. And to be honest...calling 2/5 a success, I think that is pretty awesome!!! And your students will still respect you no matter what, so just remember that tomorrow is a new day :) Is Tori still there or has she left now? Good luck love!!! Still praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Working in the education environment I have heard that being up in front of that classroom is like being on stage for 8hrs (or however long you teach). It does take a lot of will, a lot of energy, and a lot of patience. But I have heard those same people talk about that one kid they helped today and how rewarding the feeling was when the student walked away knowing the material. That is what you are doing for these people. You are providing for them a skill they don't have, but want enough to sit in your classroom to learn. You are giving that to them Caroline! What an incredible gift to have! To be able to add to their lives and be a part of that change! God bless you sweetie and those you are changing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alesha: Tori is gone. It's all me.

    In Korea, the students stay in the same classroom and the teachers move around to each class. I see alot of students in one day.

    Mrs. Mom: I agree, it is like being on stage. I give a lot of energy into my "performance" and I get a teeny bit back in the form of interaction. I will learn with time how to increase that feedback.

    Thank you both for your support and prayers.

    ReplyDelete