Wednesday, October 3, 2012

One Month Left


Alright Folks...get ready for 6 seconds of creepy.
I ate the "fighting Octopus"....and I kinda liked it.  :-P




So, I have one month left.  I am trying to make the most of my time here, yet at the same time, I am trying to live kinda cheap.  I have been fighting with my school for two weeks now about money they promised me and didn't deliver.  They don't understand...and I had to spell it out to them.  You guys made me buy my airfare upfront, and didn't give me the money your promised.  I have enough money for next weeks meals.  But then you have to give me more.
The response... "I am sorry to hear that."  They sure know how to infuriate me.


On a happier note.  I did a bunch of hiking....hurt my foot...prayed about it...fully healed.  Hmmm...what else.  10k coming up on Sunday.  And, I finished knitting my scarf.  As for my students...they still think it is odd that I don't have a boyfriend...and they think they have to remind me about it each time I come to class.  :-P  I will miss these girls.

The fire I started on the Beach

                                                                                                 Literally the bus dropped us off in the middle of nowhere.  We looked around confused with our tents and backpacks and just started walking to the beach.  After a night of freezing (once my little fire died), living off crap food from the convenient store, and not sleeping...I decided it was time to go home.  Yep...I like camping better when Daddy is cooking



Below are some photos from my most recent hikes.  To the left is Igidae which is known for amazing views of the beach and bridge.  In less than 3 days I will be running over that bridge for my 10k.  As for the right.  This is a temple in the mountains.  I really love the rock carving that is actually the temple carved into the mountain.























And a little note from my student for her journal entry.


No comments:

Post a Comment