Saturday, September 15, 2012

Running, Running, and Running around.

I have been doing a lot of running lately in preparation for my upcoming 10k. It's actually very good for me.  We all carry around a pharmacy in our heads and running activates the anti-depressants.  :-)

So, needless to say, I am feeling much better about life.  But, with all the running and the usual running around, I have been so tired lately.  Everyday this week was taken by something (usually somethings-more than one), and my Saturday was busy too. So this Sunday morning I slept in ALOT!  I got out of bed at 10:00am compared to the usual 7:30am.  It feels so good but I feel like I have wasted some of my day.  Perhaps it was needed though.

Anyway, I want to tell you about my yesterday.  I woke up, had my Skype date, did Zumba and then went to a Orphanage to volunteer a bit.  This was my first time here, and it was an all boys home.  Boys are soooo much fun.  They are rough, but awesome.  I spent the morning teaching them the card game, SlapJack, and they loved it!  They got so into it...and they want me to comeback so they can try to beat me at it. :-P  In the afternoon, we played basketball.  Earlier in the week, hyper-extended my arm and playing B-Ball was probably not the best thing I could do....but, my team won!  And we were two western girls and two middle school boys, verses the highschoolers.  WHAT!?!?!?  WE ROCK!

I am so blessed that God has given me the opportunities that I have.  And sometimes I take them for granted.  But, I am just trying the best I can.  Thanks friends and family at home, I appreciate your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment