Thursday, August 16, 2012

Great Ocean Road



These are some more photos that my team leader took in Canberra.  Sorry that they are so late...but ya know!

Anyway, we are planting trees here....  This is one of the hills in Jerrabomberra.  :-)









So Now in the lovely land of Geelong.  As, I said in my last post, I was going to the Great Ocean Road.  And believe me...it is GREAT!  The place is so beautiful.  We are working on a hillside with a view outside the city of Lorne.

We are weeding out a few invasives, including Potosporun and Broom Bush.  These are harder to get, so though we can hand pull the smaller ones, we have to use "Loppers" (hedge trimmers) and poison.  I try to avoid poison where possible, but you have to do what you have to do.  We want a healthy bush full of native Australian Wildlife.

The weather here is dreadful though.  It has rained everyday...but it's okay with me.  Because that rain made me a beautiful rainbow right over one of the beautiful beaches on the Great Ocean Road. Trust me..there will be photos to come.  :-)

I am slightly bummed that tomorrow is my last day with CVA.  I head to Melbourne on the train after work.  Then I will fly to Korea on Saturday Morning.  I will miss this place.  I really enjoyed Western Food, English Language, and Countryside.  This place makes my heart ache for home.  But, only 2.5 more months in Korea.  I can do this.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment