Monday, May 21, 2012

Besting the 10k

Before the Race!
On the Other Side of the Finish!


So.....I lived!

Who would have thought that the girl who "hates" running would finish a 10k race?  Not that girl...hahaha.  But I did finish and I ran the whole time.

Here's the deal.  As of late February, I hated running.  Thought it was pointless and no fun at all.  But people encouraged me to run to help with my anxiety and depression.  So, I gave it a shot.  At first, I was still not a fan...but with time I grew to like it.  Then crave it.

Suddenly my friend Lou (the British girl in the middle there) invited me to join in a 10k race at the beach.  And like a crazy girl, I said, "Why not?"  So, three weeks of training later, I found myself with a burst of renewed energy, the music from "Chariots of Fire" music in my head, and a smile on my face as I passed over the finish line.



My goal was 90 mins and I completed the race in 82.  :-)  This is definately one of the things I want to do again in my life.


Prayer Requests:  


Two of my students are interviewing for the Australia internship in the next couple weeks.  Pray that their essays are accepted and that they have peace and confidence as they go into the next phase of the application process.


Pray that God makes it obvious where I am supposed to go for Summer Vacation and what I am supposed to do (mission work, science internship, just for fun?).


Pray for patience for me in my continued job searching.  There are not many jobs available for me in the States (that is one reason why I am here in Korea)...  I might have to go back to school but there's the issue of funding.

2 comments:

  1. Caro, I am so proud of you for running that race and beasting it! I can't imagine how accomplished you feel. :) I wish I could have been there to cheer you on!!!! But I know you did great!
    I am so thankful to have this blog to look at when I start to think about you and wonder if you are ok. It is very reassuring to me.
    I will def. be praying for those specific prayer requests as well as others I keep praying for you.
    I am really praying hard for your job situation!
    How much longer until your summer break?? Is that your next break? If not, when is your next break?
    Also, is EJ, my penpal one of the girls applying for this internship in Australia??
    I love you very much darling and wishing you all the best!!!!!!!!!!
    God Bless!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My break is coming up in July. I think maybe July 28th.
    YEP! EJ is applying for Australia.

    I love you hun! Thanks for the prayers.
    ~CR

    ReplyDelete