Sunday, February 26, 2012

Grace (An Avatar Reference)

Just a thought.

As foreigners, we live on the grace of the locals.  I get reminded of a scene in Avatar when the blue girl (Neytiri) said to Jake, "You have a strong heart.  No fear.  But Stupid! Ignorant like a child!"  And Jake says, "Well if I am like a child, then look, maybe you should teach me."

And that is the life of an Expat.  We are so ignorant in the culture and language that even buying oranges at the store is a challenge.  I no longer get frustrated when my co-workers say that I am like a baby...because I can't help but agree.  This is a humbling experience.
On a less thoughtful note,  I did make it to the doctors.  And I can't help but shout: I LOVE UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE!  I found that all my skin problems stem from the Psoriasis that I could never afford to treat since my childhood.  And here I got 8 pills a day for a week and some ointment for $5 and the check-up at the doctors for $3.  WOW!

1 comment:

  1. What a blessing (for Universal health care!!) So glad dear!!!

    I love you!!!! No stress allowed!

    ReplyDelete