Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Seven Days and Counting

The title of this blog translates from Korean to "Hello" in the formal sense.
I suppose I am saying "Hello" to a new chapter in my life.

In seven days I will be on a plane to South Korea.  I have no idea about details.  I don't know what my apartment will look like, I don't know what age group I will be teaching, I don't know when my official contract start date is, I don't know when I will be coming home, I don't know much at all.

Normally that would bug me to death.  Three months ago I was a control-freak planner.  But, I went to India on a mission trip and realized that I have always put God's power in a box.  I realized that when I did all the planning and "controlling" that I was limiting God because I was telling Him that I did not trust Him.  Well...India is not a place you can plan for....and I grew a lot.

Long story short.  I am trusting God..and I don't need to know the details.  He has provided funds, clothing, documents, and people.  And if He provided before the trip, you better bet He will provide during.

Anyway.  Pray for me, friends.  This is the start of an epic adventure.
Annyeonghaseyo Korea!  

1 comment:

  1. All the best for you in this adventure! I am sure it'll be fantastic! Te quiero mucho! Big hug from Argentina!

    ReplyDelete