Sunday, April 1, 2012

"God Should Fix My Problems"

The statement "God should fix my problems" is one of the biggest lies that I have fallen for for quite some time.  I am going to post up here some quotes from Nancy Lee DeMoss' book.

          "This way of thinking is deceptive on two counts.  First it reduces God to a cosmic genie who exists to please and serve us--a hired servant who comes running to wait on us every time we ring the bell.  This lie sets us up for disillusionment and disappointment with God: If we have any problems that haven't been fixed, then apparently God has not come through for us.
          Second, it suggests that the goal in life is to be free from all problems--to get rid of everything that is difficult or unpleasant.  Our society is conditioned to think that we should not have to live with problems--that every problem must be 'fixed'."

          "Living an obedient life does spare us from many problems that are the natural consequences of a life lived apart from God and His ways.  But that does not mean that those who follow Christ will be exempt from problems.
          The truth is, life is hard.  We live in a fallen world.  Even those who have been redeemed live in earthly bodies and deal with the realities of temptation, sin (both ours and others'), disease, loss, pain, and death.  Becoming Christian--even being a mature godly Christian--does not wrap us up in some sort of celestial cocoon where we are immune to pain.  Not until God makes a new heaven and new earth will we be totally free from the ravages of sin.  Until then, there will be tears, sorrows, pressures, and problems."

          "We want God to fix all our problems.  God says instead, "I have a purpose for your problems.  I want to use your problems to change you an reveal My grace and power to the world."  That is the Truth--and the Truth will set you free."

AMEN!     So no matter what problem I am facing I need to remember that even if God doesn't fix it...He is enough to get me through it.  My God is enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment