Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Free Time

I have some time to myself!  Yay!
I had a half day off today and all day off tomorrow thanks to the Korean verson of the SAT's.  They take this test sooooo seriously.

So today I wandered around a place that I had never been before.  Snapped some photos, found a boostore with a foreign section, bought a book in English, thought of Alesha when I passed a Vietnamese restuarant named "The Pho", then sat in a gelato shop with yummy chocolate gelato and read some of my new book.

I don't know what I will do tomorrow with my day.  Most likely go to this park near the beach that I heard about.  It has good walking trails on the ocean side.  I will be alone, but I will be careful (MOM...it's all good.  :-)

As for my afterschool class.  I got them Apples to Apples and hopefully they will enjoy it.  I thought it might be good English practice.  Also bought a couple simple books that I can read to them.  Not sure how that will go.  In the middle of class yesterday, one of my students asked, "Can we learn more Pop songs?".  I said...sure!  So, for Monday I am planning maybe a music monday, and I can teach them a good song.  Many of them like Maroon 5.  Ha ha.

Let me know if you have a good song in mind, teaching language, American culture, and with a decent music video.

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited that they are starting to come around and have interests in learning more about English stuff!!!! YAY!!! AND...you have time off! I love that you are still thinking about your kids even on your days off :) You are so precious!! It is so evident that God is still walking with you every step of the way, giving you everything that you need (i.e. time off, response from the kids). I love you so much and pray that God will keep working miracles in your life!!!!
    Oh!!! And I want to know how the beach goes!! I can't wait to go see your pictures!!! So excitedc!!!!!

    ReplyDelete